Saturday 15 June 2013

Vintage Obsession and Turquiose Turbans


I don't know if my latest vintage fashion -and pattern- obsession has been evident in this blog, but I suspect that there may have been signs....




 Yes, I have become totally fascinated with vintage fashion and vintage patterns.
I mean, just look at this beauty! 




This is one of my latest favourite possesions and it's in wonderful, mint condition.
Simplicity 5227. 1960s women's accessories: turban, collar, cuff, scarf and dickey.




I'm now in the not-too-pleasant process of learning that vintage patterns are sized differently than modern ones are, but it will take more than that to dampen my new-found vintage enthusiasm.




This particular pattern is from one of the wonderful vintage pattern etsy shops I've discovered lately, California Sunset.




 Cindi is great and she has over 300 vintage gems to choose from.
Even if you're not looking for a pattern to buy, looking through all that past fashion is both educational and fascinating.
(Well, it is, in my humble opinion...)




So, I'm off to try my hand at this.
I'll keep you posted on this and other vintage-related endeavours.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. My mom just went a bit crazy buying vintage Vogue patterns in some online selloff she found! I haven't seen them yet, but I bet they're cool. Vintage patterns are so cool! Yes, they're sized differently, but I find they fit me a bit better. Modern patterns always turn out huge on me.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and your opinion and/or feedback appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...