Wednesday 30 December 2015

1970s Turban


I finally got round to that vintage turban pattern I'd been longing to make....



The pattern is Simplicity 5772 and the date of publication is 1973.
I was planning on making view 1 but at the last minute I decided on view 2.



I made it in a wonderfully slinky black/gold knit fabric. 
It looks bulkier in the pictures but it's really quite a thin knit with a molten metal, silky kind of feel to it.



The fabric makes it festive enough for the New Year and it's just in time for the end of the Vintage Pattern Pledge


I was hoping to get some more vintage sewing done this past year, but time just flew by so quickly without me realizing it.....
I plan to sew lots more of my vintage patterns in 2016 and I will definately be sharing them here.



As for the turban, I love the way it turned out and now that the weather's turned colder, I'm sure I'll be wearing it a lot.

3 comments:

  1. This is stunning! I love it, the pattern is such a good find. Great the way that you have been able to create a deco looking turban from a 70s pattern, some styles just keep coming back for good reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angela! I thought the finished turban was quite deco-looking as well, though I didn't get that from the pattern cover photos. I think it's the fabric.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful!
    Have a wonderful New Year filled with good health, joy and peace.
    Hugs and love from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and your opinion and/or feedback appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...